Australian Bank Account Services for backpackers and working holiday makers – an easy and cost effective way to manage your money in Australia
If you intend on working and travelling in Australia you will need to set up an Australian bank account prior to finding a job. While it is possible to be paid into your foreign account, you will be charged foreign transaction fees each time, and may employers will not be happy with this ongoing arrangement.
Why should I get an Australian bank account?
- no monthly service fee
- no foreign transaction fees when being paid
- no foreign transaction fees when using your account in Australia
- unlimited transactions
- online, telephone and mobile banking
- easy to talk to someone if you have an issue
- easier to access your cash
How do I open an Australian bank account?
Go Workabout has an arrangement with one of the largest and most reputable banks in Australia providing you with easy access to your money wherever you are and more importantly, without foreign transaction fees! We can arrange your Australian bank account before you arrive in Australia or upon your arrival, the choice is yours.
Simply complete the application form online and we will email you your new bank account details in 3-5 business days.
- 1) Complete the following form and process payment.
- 2) When you have submit application form and payment you will receive an email of confirmation from us(if you do not receive this email, please contact us).
- 3) Your Australian Bank Account will be opened and we will email you your banl account details 3-5 business days from receipt of your application.
- 4) Once opened, you will be able to deposit money into your Australian Bank Account but unable to withdraw from your Australian Bank Account until you have completed the activation of your account.
- 5) We advise that you activate it as soon as possible in a major city as some regional locations might not contain the specific bank branches. Activate your account by visiting any bank branch in person and presenting your passport and the email form Go Workabout containing your Australian Bank Account details. You must activate your bank account within 4 weeks of your application lodged with Go Workabout, otherwise the bank account may be deemed inactive and subsequently closed.
- 6) Once you have activated your Australian Bank Account you will be able to deposit and withdraw funds freely. Your physical bankcard will be issued and mailed to an address nominated by you at the time of activation. We can offer you a secure mailing address through our Mailing Service.
- Go Workabout guarantees that it will use best endeavours to arrange your Australian Bank Account as quickly and efficiently as possible on your behalf.
- You acknowledge that you will receive your Australian Bank Account details from us via email no less than 14 days before your advised arrival date in Australia or no more than 5 business days from receipt of your application, whichever is later. When you receive your Australian Bank Account details, you will be able to transfer money into your account but you will be unable to transfer or withdraw money out of your account until it is activated.
- Bank fees are outlined on the Go Workabout website and should be used as a guide only as they are subject to change without notice.
- Due to delays beyond our control, occasionally Australian Bank Accounts may be opened less than 14 days before the advised arrival date in Australia or more than 5 business days from receipt of your application, whichever is later. If this occurs, Go Workabout will provide you with a full refund.
No refunds will be given in the following events:
- You provide us with incorrect or inaccurate information,
- You fail to activate your account within 4 weeks of your advised arrival date in Australia,
- You do not follow instructions given to activate the account.
Refunds for cancellations will be provided as follows:
- Prior to account being opened – 50%
- After account is opened – no refund
- Refunds for cancellations will be provided as follows:
- Bank accounts must be activated within 4 weeks of being set up. To activate your account simply visit a Wespac Bank branch with your Passport. Accounts that are not activated within 4 weeks of being open will be closed by the bank.
- After your Australian Bank Account is opened and the details emailed to you, Go Workabout holds no responsibility under any circumstances for any issues relating to the operation of your bank account.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- By submitting the Australian Bank Account Service Application Form and making payment of the relevant fee, you agree to these Terms and Conditions and to Go Workabout dealing with the bank on your behalf.
- Go Workabout reserves the right to amend or add to these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Such changes to these Terms and Conditions will be posted on www.goworkabout.com.